- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Michael H. Webb, 65, of Cape Girardeau passed away Thursday, Aug. 16, 2012, at Saint Francis Medical Center, surrounded by family.
He was born March 26, 1947, in Cape Girardeau, to the late Charles Hunter and Ada Mae Sandlin Metje.
Michael was a 1965 graduate of Central High School. He was a retired ABF truck driver and attended First Church of God. He was co-author of "Curly the Crooked Christmas Tree." He loved his family and spending time with them.
He is survived by his wife, Mary Ann Webb of Cape Girardeau; four daughters, Deana (Roy) Heise of Cape Girardeau, Christina (Jim) Vetter of Benton, Mo., Emily Rhodes and Mandy (Shawn) Retherford of Cape Girardeau; three stepsons, Danny G. (Shirley) Hollowell of Cape Girardeau, Gregory (Natalie) Hollowell of Corning, Ark., and Scott (Lisa) Hollowell of Cape Girardeau.
Also a sister, Marsha (Kenneth) Clark of Cape Girardeau; an aunt, Mary Lavern Crites of Collinsville, Ill.; nine grandchildren, Michael and Christopher Heise, Brady and Caleb Vetter, Kamdyn Rhodes, Kelby and Bryson Thomas, Micah Boyd, Cole Retherford; 14 stepgrandchildren; and 10 great-stepgrandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a daughter, Joanna Webb.
Visitation will be from 2 to 6 p.m. Sunday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Mark Ramsey officiating. Burial will be in New Lorimier Cemetery.
Online condolences may be shared at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.