- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Harper - Shadforth
Caroline Victoria Harper and Maj. Scott Gregory Shadforth were married June 30, 2012, at Ross Bridge Town Hall in Birmingham, Ala. The Rev. Lynn Casteel-Harper and the Rev. Brian Law performed the ceremony. Vocalists were Lauren and Whitney Law of DeSoto, Mo., nieces of the bride.
The bride is the daughter of Paul and Pam Harper of Birmingham. The groom is the son of retired Marine Corps Majs. A.G. and Sandy Shadforth of Merritt Island, Fla.
The reception was held at the town hall.
The parents of the couple hosted the rehearsal dinner June 29 at Renaissance Ross Bridge Resort.
Mrs. Shadforth received a bachelor of science degree in education from Southeast Missouri State University in 2003, and a master's degree in education from William Woods University in 2007. She was a second grade teacher seven years at Blanchard Elementary School in Cape Girardeau. She is an early childhood educator in Maryland.
The groom received a degree in quantitative economics from the U.S. Naval Academy in 2001, and is a 2009 graduate of the U.S. Naval Test Pilot School. He is serving with the U.S. Marine Corps as a helicopter test pilot for the Air Test Evaluation Squadron 21 NAS in Patuxent River, Md.
After a wedding trip to Asheville, N.C., the couple is residing in California, Md.