- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Harper - Shadforth
Caroline Victoria Harper and Maj. Scott Gregory Shadforth were married June 30, 2012, at Ross Bridge Town Hall in Birmingham, Ala. The Rev. Lynn Casteel-Harper and the Rev. Brian Law performed the ceremony. Vocalists were Lauren and Whitney Law of DeSoto, Mo., nieces of the bride.
The bride is the daughter of Paul and Pam Harper of Birmingham. The groom is the son of retired Marine Corps Majs. A.G. and Sandy Shadforth of Merritt Island, Fla.
The reception was held at the town hall.
The parents of the couple hosted the rehearsal dinner June 29 at Renaissance Ross Bridge Resort.
Mrs. Shadforth received a bachelor of science degree in education from Southeast Missouri State University in 2003, and a master's degree in education from William Woods University in 2007. She was a second grade teacher seven years at Blanchard Elementary School in Cape Girardeau. She is an early childhood educator in Maryland.
The groom received a degree in quantitative economics from the U.S. Naval Academy in 2001, and is a 2009 graduate of the U.S. Naval Test Pilot School. He is serving with the U.S. Marine Corps as a helicopter test pilot for the Air Test Evaluation Squadron 21 NAS in Patuxent River, Md.
After a wedding trip to Asheville, N.C., the couple is residing in California, Md.