- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Trotter - Metheny
Charity Jayne Trotter and Jason Scott Metheny were married June 30, 2012, at Cape First Church. Allen Bashem performed the ceremony. Soloist was Clayton Hahs.
The bride is the daughter of Mary Jayne Bader of Poplar Bluff, Mo., and Kevin Shults of Red Bud, Ill. The groom is the son of Tom and Beverly Metheny of Marble Hill, Mo.
Maid of honor was Elizabeth Berthold of Poplar Bluff, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Cathlin Hayes of Jackson; Sherry Kauffman of Chantilly, Va.; and Betty Metheny of Ft. Hood, Texas, sister-in-law of the groom.
Tim Metheny of Ft. Hood was his brother's best man. Groomsmen were Kevin Hayes of Jackson, William Woods of Columbia, Mo., and David Banks of Kearney, Mo. Ushers were Ben Schlenker of Cape Girardeau, and Zachary Metheny of Ft. Hood, nephew of the groom.
Candlelighter was Sydney Haddick of Waterloo, Ill., niece of the bride.
Flower girl was Savannah Trotter, daughter of the bride. Ringbearer was Landon Berthold of Poplar Bluff, nephew of the bride.
The reception was held at The Venue.
After a wedding trip to St. Lucia, the couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.