- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Women Aware to be held Sept. 15
Registration is now open for the 25th Women Aware Conference on Sept. 15 at the Black River Coliseum in Poplar Bluff, Mo. Leigh Ann Tuohy, the mother played by Sandra Bullock in the movie "The Blind Side," will be the keynote speaker. The Women Aware one-day conference is for those who want information on how to expand business skills, personal growth, how to improve family life and for those interested in networking with others. The conference will include 28 breakout sessions, 65 booths, lunch and networking with about 400 women throughout Southeast Missouri and northeast Arkansas. The registration fee will be $40 if paid by Sept. 1 and includes a one-year membership to Women Aware. People may register the day of the conference. The fee will be $50 after Sept. 1. For more information, call 573-778-1804 or 573-686-8064 or visit www.womenawareinc.com.
Register for Adult League Flag Football in Cape
Team registration has begun for the Adult Flag Football League, hosted by the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department. League play begins Sept. 27 at Arena Park. Anyone age 17 and older is eligible to play. Games will be played Thursday evenings and Sunday afternoons and evenings. Teams will play a minimum of seven games. Team registration is due by Sept. 4, at a cost of $250 per team. The league will have two or three divisions, depending on the number of teams entered, with division one being the most competitive. Team managers must attend a mandatory meeting at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 6 at the Osage Centre. For more information, contact recreation coordinator Tony Weatherby at 339-6340.
Heartland Pops now open to new singers
The Heartland Pops Chorus is now open to new singers who would like to join the Pops in the 2012 Christmas show, which will be at 3 p.m. Dec. 2 at Jackson High School. Rehearsals are at 7:30 p.m. Mondays in the Immaculate Conception Church multipurpose room in Jackson beginning Sept. 10. For more information, call Jerry Ganiel at 579-6127 or visit www.heartlandpops.com.