- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)
The president prayed
Our president prayed, on camera, the Sunday after the Colorado shootings. He chose: "Scripture says that 'He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more. Neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.'" This is from Revelation 21:4, talking of God's eternal kingdom in heaven under the symbols of a new heaven and a new earth. At the end of times there will be no more tears, death, crying and pain for those of us in his grace. But for today we are to be a righteous people and speak the truth.
The truth is we have all this pain and death talked about in Revelation 21:4, and this president is promoting some of it. The deaths in Colorado are tragic, but let us not forget the 3,500 deaths that are occurring every day in the states, abortion. Along with abortion and other moral decay, the president says he is moving us "forward." Forward is the theme of his campaign; is it moving us to the end of time? We are called to obey our master the Lord and do his will, not the will of today's culture. "Amen I say to you, whoever believes in me will do the works that I do, and will do greater ones than these, because I am going to the Father." (John 14:12)
To "roll back the vices," see www.4a4life.org.
MARK LOOS, Cape Girardeau