- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
The president prayed
Our president prayed, on camera, the Sunday after the Colorado shootings. He chose: "Scripture says that 'He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more. Neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.'" This is from Revelation 21:4, talking of God's eternal kingdom in heaven under the symbols of a new heaven and a new earth. At the end of times there will be no more tears, death, crying and pain for those of us in his grace. But for today we are to be a righteous people and speak the truth.
The truth is we have all this pain and death talked about in Revelation 21:4, and this president is promoting some of it. The deaths in Colorado are tragic, but let us not forget the 3,500 deaths that are occurring every day in the states, abortion. Along with abortion and other moral decay, the president says he is moving us "forward." Forward is the theme of his campaign; is it moving us to the end of time? We are called to obey our master the Lord and do his will, not the will of today's culture. "Amen I say to you, whoever believes in me will do the works that I do, and will do greater ones than these, because I am going to the Father." (John 14:12)
To "roll back the vices," see www.4a4life.org.
MARK LOOS, Cape Girardeau