- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Harbor Freight Tools store coming to Cape (3/29/17)7
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Cape school board rejects proposal to allow parochial-school students to play sports (3/28/17)79
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
The president prayed
Our president prayed, on camera, the Sunday after the Colorado shootings. He chose: "Scripture says that 'He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more. Neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.'" This is from Revelation 21:4, talking of God's eternal kingdom in heaven under the symbols of a new heaven and a new earth. At the end of times there will be no more tears, death, crying and pain for those of us in his grace. But for today we are to be a righteous people and speak the truth.
The truth is we have all this pain and death talked about in Revelation 21:4, and this president is promoting some of it. The deaths in Colorado are tragic, but let us not forget the 3,500 deaths that are occurring every day in the states, abortion. Along with abortion and other moral decay, the president says he is moving us "forward." Forward is the theme of his campaign; is it moving us to the end of time? We are called to obey our master the Lord and do his will, not the will of today's culture. "Amen I say to you, whoever believes in me will do the works that I do, and will do greater ones than these, because I am going to the Father." (John 14:12)
To "roll back the vices," see www.4a4life.org.
MARK LOOS, Cape Girardeau