- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
who's neXt 8/16/12
* The following local students received the 2012 Procter & Gamble Employee Retiree Children's Scholarship: Caitlyn Bess of Millersville; Elizabeth Harvey, Drew Hosp, Clayton Kranawetter and Bethany Rouggly, all of Jackson; Elizabeth Kiblinger and Kathy Scienski, both of Cape Girardeau.
* Lacy Sanders of Cape Girardeau and Candi Hargrove of Chaffee, Mo., received scholarships from The Chateau Girardeau Foundation.
Ashley Goggin of Jackson completed the requirements for a Ph.D. in physical therapy from Missouri State University in Springfield, Mo. Goggin graduated magna cum laude and is employed at Missouri Baptist Hospital in St. Louis.
-- From staff reports