- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Heather Nelson to miss start of Southeast Missouri State women's soccer team's season
Southeast Missouri State soccer coach Heather Nelson will be away from the Redhawks' bench for the immediate future.
The university issued a news release Tuesday that said Nelson will be sidelined due to an accident over the summer.
Associate head coach Paul Nelson will assume additional responsibilities on the Southeast sidelines while Heather Nelson recovers. The Nelsons are married.
Heather Nelson is a four-time Ohio Valley Conference coach of the year. She has guided Southeast to a 130-78-26 record in 13 seasons. The Redhawks are the defending OVC regular-season champions.
Southeast opens its season at 6:30 p.m. Friday against visiting Illinois State.