- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
SIKESTON, Mo. -- J.W. Bizzell, 80, of Sikeston died Sunday, Aug. 12, 2012, at his home.
He was born Oct. 1, 1911, in Conway, Ark., son of John Wesley and Effie Hillis Bizzell. He and Veda Glodine Bean were married Oct. 9, 1951, in Piggott, Ark. She died Aug. 19, 1990.
Bizzell served in the U.S. Air Force.
He was a member of First Baptist Church.
Survivors include a son, Ronald Keith Bizzell and wife Gloria of Foley, Ala.; a daughter, Debra Renee Riley and husband Dan of Cape Girardeau; and four grandchildren.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. until service time today at Bradshaw Funeral Home in Malden, Mo.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Mark Thrasher officiating. Burial will be in Stanfield Cemetery at Clarkton, Mo.