- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Man sentenced to life for killing mother, burning her body; mouth taped shut at hearing (1/20/18)
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)10
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Young author gave up TV at age 7 to pursue writing, and has recently finished his third novel (1/20/18)
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
- Cinderella shines in debut at Bedell (1/20/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Chronic wasting disease found in 2 Southeast Missouri deer; whether disease transferable to humans unknown (1/18/18)
- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
Good Samaritan: Boy Scout Troop #16
On July 9, Love In the Name of Christ (INC) of Southeast Missouri, an organization dedicated to matching people in need with Christians who can help, had an opportunity to be on the receiving end of this process when members of Boy Scout Troop #16 converged upon our office to replace a decaying retaining wall. This event was the culmination of many hours of preparation and planning over a period of months by one troop member seeking to attain the rank of Eagle Scout.
Love INC would like to thank the following community members for their donations of goods, time and service: Automation & Controls Specialists, Inc.; Blattner Steel Company; Boy Scout Troop #16, sponsored by Elk's Lodge 639 and supervised by Kelly Johnson; Kenco Enterprises, Inc.; and Lowes Home Improvement.
We are truly blessed to be part of such a generous community!