- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Mari Helen Matthews, 72, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Aug. 11, 2012, at Southeast Hospital.
She was born Sept. 14, 1939, in Clarksville, Ark., to Charlie Elton and Faye Etta Bacchus Michelson.
Mari was very involved in her work in property management. She was an avid gardener and loved to read. She loved her grandchildren and was the best sister anyone could wish for.
Survivors include a daughter, Jill Limbaugh (Dan) of Magnolia, Texas; a son, Greg Withers (Christy) of Jackson; two brothers, Lloyd and Donnie Michelsen of Oran, Mo.; four sisters, Velma Thompson of Creve Coeur, Mo., Bonnie Dover of Cape Girardeau, Betty Thiele of Arnold, Mo., Sharon London of Dupo, Ill.; four grandchildren, Abby and Katy Withers and Ethan and John Limbaugh.
She was preceded in death by her parents; a son, Paul Withers, on July 1, 1992; two grandchildren, Danielle Limbaugh on Dec. 7, 2003, and Noelle Limbaugh on Dec. 27, 2003.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Stan Hargis officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorial contributions may be given to the Salvation Army, 701 Good Hope St., Cape Girardeau, MO 63703.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.