- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)5
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
Preserving the Second Amendment
In response to Jack Knowlan Sr.'s comments on the NRA: What part of "Congress shall pass no law" do you not understand? "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." I send the NRA money to battle ignorant politicians who have disdain for the Second Amendment.
Even the rapper Ice-T is more informed. In an interview with the BBC, when asked about the U.S. gun culture, he said: "This country was founded with guns. Guns were Americans' last line of defense against tyranny."
The NRA was founded in 1871. It is the last line of defense for us against gun-grabbing politicians. All dictatorships are the same: registration, confiscation, slavery and tyranny!
During Obama's press conference with Sarah Brady, he was asked about gun control. "We're working on it, but we have to do a few things under the radar." Hello Fast and Furious. It was to create outrage from citizens because innocent citizens were being killed, thus clamoring for more gun control. Problem was a border agent was killed.
Obama and Holder have stonewalled the committee at every turn, finally evoking executive privileges to hide the documents that would prove their intent. What are they hiding?
As an NRA member and freedom-loving individual that cherishes all of my God-given rights, including the Second Amendment, I would encourage all like-minded people to join the NRA. "United we stand, divided we fall to tyranny."
TODD BEUSSINK, Jackson