- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Man shot in head during rolling gunfight
ST. LOUIS -- A St. Louis man is hospitalized after being shot in the head during what is described as a rolling gunbattle.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported that the victim is expected to survive following the shooting Sunday night. No arrests have been made.
Police say incident began on a grocery store parking lot when shots were fired at the victim's vehicle from a sport utility vehicle.
The victim fled, was chased by the shooting SUV, then two other vehicles joined in. The four vehicles exchanged gunfire along Grand Boulevard until the victim crashed into a sign near Saint Louis University Hospital. He ran inside for help and was admitted for treatment of the bullet wound.
Police say the victim is not cooperating with detectives.
Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com