- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
Boy Scout Troop #16 Blesses Local Non-profit
As the executive director of Love In the Name of Christ (INC), a ministry working to match people in need with Christians who can help, I am often able to witness the incredible generosity of the Cape Girardeau community. Every day I have the privilege of working with people who give of their time to perform simple acts of service like mowing lawns, providing rides to appointments, delivering library books to homebound patrons, and operating church-based ministries that distribute items like kitchen items and children's clothing. Working selflessly, each of these volunteers seeks simply to show Christ's love in practical ways.
Recently our office had an opportunity to be on the receiving end of this process, when members of Boy Scout Troop #16 converged upon our office to replace a decaying retaining wall. This event was the culmination of many hours of preparation and planning over a period of months by one troop member seeking to attain the rank of Eagle Scout. This young man, who wished to remain anonymous, exhibited outstanding character traits as he worked to coordinate the many efforts associated with this project. From drawing up plans to soliciting donations, he was conscientious and considerate through all phases of construction.
Love INC would like to thank the following community members for their donations of goods, time and service: Automation & Controls Specialists, Inc.; Blattner Steel Company; Boy Scout Troop #16, sponsored by the Elk's Lodge 639 and supervised by Kelly Johnson; Kenco Enterprises, Inc.; and Lowes Home Improvement.
We are truly blessed to be part of such a generous community!