- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- 'Love, not hate': Area residents gather to sing, talk about racial issues after violence in Charlottesville (8/14/17)89
Boy Scout Troop #16 Blesses Local Non-profit
As the executive director of Love In the Name of Christ (INC), a ministry working to match people in need with Christians who can help, I am often able to witness the incredible generosity of the Cape Girardeau community. Every day I have the privilege of working with people who give of their time to perform simple acts of service like mowing lawns, providing rides to appointments, delivering library books to homebound patrons, and operating church-based ministries that distribute items like kitchen items and children's clothing. Working selflessly, each of these volunteers seeks simply to show Christ's love in practical ways.
Recently our office had an opportunity to be on the receiving end of this process, when members of Boy Scout Troop #16 converged upon our office to replace a decaying retaining wall. This event was the culmination of many hours of preparation and planning over a period of months by one troop member seeking to attain the rank of Eagle Scout. This young man, who wished to remain anonymous, exhibited outstanding character traits as he worked to coordinate the many efforts associated with this project. From drawing up plans to soliciting donations, he was conscientious and considerate through all phases of construction.
Love INC would like to thank the following community members for their donations of goods, time and service: Automation & Controls Specialists, Inc.; Blattner Steel Company; Boy Scout Troop #16, sponsored by the Elk's Lodge 639 and supervised by Kelly Johnson; Kenco Enterprises, Inc.; and Lowes Home Improvement.
We are truly blessed to be part of such a generous community!