- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
TAMMS, Ill. -- Homer "Musky" Ray Gray, 71, of Tamms passed away Sunday, Aug. 12, 2012, at the Daystar Care Center in Cairo, Ill.
Homer was born April 6, 1941, in Paducah, Ky., son of the late Rex Lee Gray and Anna May Green Gray.
He was of the Pentecostal faith and a retired farmer.
Homer was preceded in death by his parents; a brother, David Gray; and sisters, Mary Burney, Ellen Stough and Patricia Gray.
Survivors include three brothers, Richard Gray of Tamms, Harold Gray of Anna, Ill., and Jeff Gray of La Center, Ky.; three sisters, Bertha Gray of Florida, LaVerne Gray of Tamms and Cindy Anderson of Tennessee.
Friends may call from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill.
Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Richard Gray and the Rev. Lee Thompson officiating. Interment will be in the Gray-Averitt Cemetery near Benton, Ky.