- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Seeking new history: Centurion Development buys former Woolworth building at 1 N. Main St. (7/28/16)5
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Police: Child's video revealed stepfather's abuse of sibling (7/28/16)3
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Good Samaritan: Unidentified & Unknown
On August 6th, in Jackson Missouri, some unnamed good Samaritan(s) pulled Burt Hahs, who's clothes were on fire, out of a burning truck, after his vehicle was hit by another truck. After the good Samaritans got Mr. Hahs on the ground, they rolled him until the fire was out.
I admire these brave person(s) for their daring strength and overwhelming courage. Without any safety gear or training, and without any regard for themselves he (they) saved a man's life.
Unfortunately the news was not clear in whom or how many people helped Mr. Hahs, their names were not mentioned, and so I cannot name these good Samaritans.
But I can state that I am grateful that there are Guardian Angels who live among us, and I consider them heroes.