- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
McCLURE, Ill. -- Lessie Henderson, 74, of McClure died Tuesday, Aug. 7, 2012, at Jonesboro Rehab and Care.
He was born June 30, 1938, in Missouri, son of Gladies Henderson. He married Clydie "Lois" Jackson.
Lessie was known to his many nieces and nephews as "Uncle Bill" and to his friends as "Red."
Survivors include his wife, Lois; a granddaughter, Barbara Anglin of Jonesboro, Ill.; three great-granddaughters, Trisha, Kayla and Breanna Dillow; three brothers, Wesley, Jesse and Ralph; four sisters, Helen, Bessie, Nettie and Gladys; nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
He is preceded in death by a stepdaughter, Rebecca Anglin Oberts; and a sister, Pearl.
Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Sunday at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Raymond Oxford officiating. Interment will be in Lindsey Cemetery.
Donations may be made to the family to defray funeral expenses, and will be accepted at the funeral home.
To leave online condolences, visit www.crainsonline.com.