- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)3
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)23
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
Speak Out 8/9/12
I know this had to be a wonderful Christian person to do the good deed that he did for me not knowing me. I had lost my credit card and I searched every place; could not find it. I happened to think about calling Merchant Gas Station at the Jackson Walmart and lo and behold they said someone brought my card in. So thank you, thank you, thank you.
I am in my late 50s. As far back as I can remember, we have had war movies, cowboys and Indians, saloon fights and the Three Stooges on TV and at the movie theaters. I have seen parents hitting their children with belts and switches. Now think about this the next time you blame parents for taking their children to see the Batman movie. Mr. Holmes is a premeditated murderer, and he is to blame for his actions, not innocent people.
What has happened to the Scott City post office? I used to get my mail by 3 p.m., and now I am getting if after 5 p.m. I went over to the building and it looks like they are going out of business. What is going on? We used to get such great mail service from them.
If Thomas Sowell wants to talk about news vs. propaganda, he should mention Fox News above all else. The half-truths, distorted comments of those they disagree with and outright lies, make it the Fox Opinion or Fox Propaganda Network, not news.
You know, it sure is nice how they're trying to improve the appearance of Broadway, but just maybe that amount of money should have been allotted to increase the personnel in both the Cape Girardeau Police Department and the local sheriff's department because when that new casino opens, the need for more law enforcement officers will outweigh the need for a nicer looking Broadway.
I would like to ask all politicians why they don't have the honesty within themselves when somebody asks them a question that they don't know the answer to, just to say: "I don't know"? That would be a lot better than trying to do a whole lot of talk that doesn't say anything and the person listening knows when they get through that they don't know what they're talking about. But they won't say "I don't know." That would show us that there is some honesty in that person where if they just want to talk, talk, talk, that tells us that they don't really care what they say, just as long as they're making noise.