- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Walter wins Democratic sheriff race in Scott County; votes delayed in Bollinger County
Incumbent sheriff Rick Walter has won the Democratic primary in Scott County, gaining re-election to the post he's held for two terms.
Walter took 2,047 votes to 526 for challenger Paul A. Johnson, police chief of Morley.
Another incumbent sheriff, Leo McElrath, faces a challenge from two -- Darrin Shell and Denny Cato -- in the Republican primary in Bollinger County.
However, the vote counting has been delayed by technical problems, and ballots are now being hand counted.
Look for updates later.