- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
FARRAR, Mo. -- Leonard J. Kassel, 90, of Farrar died Sunday, Aug. 5, 2012, at Perry County Memorial Hospital in Perryville, Mo.
He was born July 20, 1922, in Farrar, son of Henry C. and Erna Koenig Kassel. He and Violet J. Miesner were married Sept. 29, 1946. She preceded him in death Oct. 27, 2007.
Kassel was a retired dairy farmer. He was a member of Salem Lutheran Church and Men's Club in Farrar.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II.
Survivors include a son, Curtis (Mary) Kassel of Frohna, Mo.; two daughters, Connie (Dennis) Rossow of Lakefield, Minn., Eileen (Clifford) Miesner of Frohna; three brothers, Eugene (Flora) Kassel of Frohna, Elvin (Ruby) Kassel and Norbert (Alice) Kassel of Perryville; two sisters, Louise Mahnken of Frohna, Vivian (Clarence) Schirmer of Altenburg, Mo.; 11 grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents; wife; a brother, Raymond Kassel; two sisters, Verna Mahnken, Ruth Verseman; two grandsons, Ethan Rossow and James Miesner.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today and from 6:30 to 8 a.m. Wednesday at Young and Sons Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Salem Lutheran Church in Farrar, with the Rev. Roger Abernathy officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery, with military honors provided by American Legion Post 133 and Missouri Delta Team.
Memorials are preferred to Salem Lutheran Church, Lutheran Hour or charity of choice.