- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Cape Girardeau man badly hurt in Perry County crash
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- A Cape Girardeau man received serious injuries in a Sunday night crash in Perry County.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Waldenmar O. Martinez, 27, was injured when the 1998 Chevrolet Malibu he was riding in crossed the centerline and hit a 2010 Dodge Ram truck driven by Wayne M. Dailey, 61, of Tilden, Ill., on Highway 51, just north of County Road 920, near Perryville.
Lorenzo R. Hernandez, 24, was driving the car Martinez rode in. Martinez was taken by helicopter to Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. Dailey was taken to Perry County Memorial Hospital by ambulance with minor injuries. Both were wearing their seat belts.
Hernandez was not injured.