- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
Cape Girardeau man badly hurt in Perry County crash
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- A Cape Girardeau man received serious injuries in a Sunday night crash in Perry County.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Waldenmar O. Martinez, 27, was injured when the 1998 Chevrolet Malibu he was riding in crossed the centerline and hit a 2010 Dodge Ram truck driven by Wayne M. Dailey, 61, of Tilden, Ill., on Highway 51, just north of County Road 920, near Perryville.
Lorenzo R. Hernandez, 24, was driving the car Martinez rode in. Martinez was taken by helicopter to Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. Dailey was taken to Perry County Memorial Hospital by ambulance with minor injuries. Both were wearing their seat belts.
Hernandez was not injured.