- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Area digest 8/6/12
Metheny wins golf tournament
Tom Metheny finished at plus 11 to win the monthly point series quota tournament at Dalhousie Golf Club.
David Hahs was second (plus 8), while David Kaelin was third (plus 4).
Watts wins 18U singles at Jammin' Juniors
Ryan Watts knocked off Mason Seesing 8-5 to win the 18 and younger division of the Jammin' Juniors tennis tournament.
Derek Nunnery beat Skylar Horton 9-8 (10-6) for third place.
Dawson Gershuny beat Levi Wilson 8-2 to win the 14 and younger division, while Nick McIntyre defeated Elizabeth Ustinov 8-4 for third place.
Bean, Layton tie for medalist
Mary Ellen Bean and Mary Sue Layton both earned medalist honors at the Cape Girardeau Country Club's Women's Golf Association's weekly outing.
Layton finished in first place, while Shirley Moore, Irene Thomas and Mary Alice Regenhardt tied for second.
Judy Holcomb placed first in the nine holes division.
King cards hole-in-one at Cape Jaycee
Korey King used an 8-iron to ace hole No. 12 at Cape Jaycee Municipal Golf Course.
The hole was playing 161 yards.
Trey Halter and Caleb Ward witnessed the shot.
It the first hole-in-one of King's career.
-- From staff reports