- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
2nd man arrested for Charleston home invasion
CHARLESTON, Mo. -- A second man was in custody Saturday in connection with the July 28 Charleston, Mo., home-invasion robbery and shooting that left one person hospitalized.
The Charleston Department of Public Safety arrested Eric Lawrence, 24, of Charleston on Saturday on charges of robbery, assault, armed criminal action and unlawful use of a weapon, the department said in a news release.
He was being held in the Mississippi County Jail on $750,000 cash-only bond.
George Johnson, 23, of Charleston was arrested July 29. He was charged with first-degree assault, first-degree burglary, armed criminal action and unlawful use of a weapon.
About 11 p.m. July 28, police were dispatched to 1225 Oak St. on a reported home invasion, according to a department news release. Several suspects forced their way into the residence, shot one person several times and assaulted another, the release said.
Anyone with information concerning the incident is urged to contact the department at 573-683-3737.
1225 Oak St., Charleston, Mo.