- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)
Whether it's in government, business or community, having good leadership is important. Strong leaders inspire others. They provide direction. They are visionaries who take charge and provide a steadying hand in good times and bad. In some capacity we are all leaders. So it's important we maximize our abilities and learn how to be the most effective leaders possible.
This Thursday and Friday the Global Leadership Summitt will be held. Started by the Willow Creek Association, a not-for-profit organization in Chicago, the conference is broadcast to 185 host sites. La Croix United Methodist Church in Cape Girardeau is serving as a local site.
This is the third year for La Croix to serve as a host site, and attendance has grown from about 400 people the first year to about 570 last year. La Croix pastor Ron Watts said he's hoping to see more than 600 people at this year's event.
The lineup of speakers this year is impressive, and includes author Jim Collins, former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, pastor and author John Ortberg and Willow Creek Community Church senior pastor Bill Hybels.
Through Tuesday you can register for the conference online at www.lacroixchurch.org. You can also register before the conference Thursday at the church, 3102 Lexington Ave.
Thanks to La Croix for offering this opportunity. These conferences have been inspiring in past years. With this year's lineup of speakers it looks to be another promising event and opportunity to learn how we can all become better leaders.