- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Marilyn J. Vancil, 73, of Cape Girardeau, formerly of Anna, Ill., died Thursday, Aug. 2, 2012, at Southeast Hospital.
She was born July 31, 1939, in Jonesboro, Ill., daughter of Dan and Doris Ferrell Frick. She married Orval Vancil on Aug. 5, 1956.
Vancil was a former member of Anna Heights Baptist Church, and current member of First Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau. She loved to read and enjoyed talking with her sisters and friends.
Survivors include her husband, Orval; three sons, Rodney (Leigh) Vancil of Owensboro, Ky., Douglas (Terri) Vancil of Greensboro, N.C., Danny Vancil of Atlanta; six grandchildren, Nicholas (Brandy) Vancil, Griffin Vancil, Olivia Vancil, Rozanna (Joshua) Goocey, Taylor (Sarah) Vancil, Tommy Vancil; a great-grandson, Adam Vancil; a brother, Kenneth (Irma) Frick of Jonesboro; four sisters, Jean Graham of Anna, Martha Wiley of East Peoria, Ill., Pat (Maury) Farris of Morton, Ill., Sue (Don) Choate of Jonesboro; two sisters-in-law, Shirley Frick of East Peoria, Bernice Hileman of Columbia, Ill.; and a brother-in-law, Lee Helms of Creve Coeur, Ill.
She was preceded in death by her parents; four sisters, Pauline Bittle, Vivian Ellis, Anita Bittle, Janice Appel; three brothers, Don, Bon, Herman Frick; three sisters-in-law, Vesta Kerr, Wanda Helms, Ruth Frick; six brothers-in-law, Glenn Appel, Howard Bittle, Doyle Graham, Almos Hileman, Ray Kerr, Ralph Wiley; and her father- and mother-in-law, Roy and Alice Vancil.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Sunday at Crain Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau, and from 10 a.m. to noon Monday at Crain Funeral Home in Anna.
Graveside service will follow immediately at Anna City Cemetery, with the Rev. Joshua Goocey officiating.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Monday at First Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau, with Goocey officiating.
Memorial contributions may be made to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and will be accepted at the funeral home.
To leave online condolences visit www.crainsonline.com.