- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Jackson man accused of selling drugs at Perry County campground
Charges are being sought on Robbie W. Meyers, 36, of Jackson for the sale of illegal drugs and possession with the intent to distribute illegal drugs.
On Thursday, representatives of the Perry County Sheriff's Department, Missouri State Highway Patrol, Southeast Missouri Drug Task Force and Drug Enforcement Administration executed a search warrant on cabin No. 4 at the Perryville Campground for miscellaneous drugs and paraphernalia. They found methamphetamine, marijuana, synthetic marijuana and various prescription pills along with drug paraphernalia.
According to Sheriff Gary J. Schaff, there was a sizable amount of methamphetamine, some of which was ready for sale.
Meyers is being held without bond on parole violation due to prior drug convictions.