- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Schlegel - 50 Years
KELSO, Mo. -- Mr. and Mrs. William Schlegel of Kelso recently observed their 50th wedding anniversary.
Schlegel and Lavada Heuring were married July 28, 1962, at Trinity Lutheran Church in Cape Girardeau, by the Rev. Ralph Fessler.
Their attendants were Gladys Raines Smith, cousin of the bride; Patricia Randol Conley, niece of the groom; Elmer Peetz; and Jerry Heuring, brother of the bride.
They have two children, Janice (David) Winder of Murray, Ky., and the late Kenneth Schlegel. They have three grandchildren, Jessica Schlegel of Farmington, Mo., Meagan and Matthew Winder of Murray.