- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- I will not be silenced (5/16/17)4
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
- Revival of Oran police board urged amid timecard fraud, nepotism allegations (5/17/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
Schlegel - 50 Years
KELSO, Mo. -- Mr. and Mrs. William Schlegel of Kelso recently observed their 50th wedding anniversary.
Schlegel and Lavada Heuring were married July 28, 1962, at Trinity Lutheran Church in Cape Girardeau, by the Rev. Ralph Fessler.
Their attendants were Gladys Raines Smith, cousin of the bride; Patricia Randol Conley, niece of the groom; Elmer Peetz; and Jerry Heuring, brother of the bride.
They have two children, Janice (David) Winder of Murray, Ky., and the late Kenneth Schlegel. They have three grandchildren, Jessica Schlegel of Farmington, Mo., Meagan and Matthew Winder of Murray.