- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Schlegel - 50 Years
KELSO, Mo. -- Mr. and Mrs. William Schlegel of Kelso recently observed their 50th wedding anniversary.
Schlegel and Lavada Heuring were married July 28, 1962, at Trinity Lutheran Church in Cape Girardeau, by the Rev. Ralph Fessler.
Their attendants were Gladys Raines Smith, cousin of the bride; Patricia Randol Conley, niece of the groom; Elmer Peetz; and Jerry Heuring, brother of the bride.
They have two children, Janice (David) Winder of Murray, Ky., and the late Kenneth Schlegel. They have three grandchildren, Jessica Schlegel of Farmington, Mo., Meagan and Matthew Winder of Murray.