- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)18
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
Schlegel - 50 Years
KELSO, Mo. -- Mr. and Mrs. William Schlegel of Kelso recently observed their 50th wedding anniversary.
Schlegel and Lavada Heuring were married July 28, 1962, at Trinity Lutheran Church in Cape Girardeau, by the Rev. Ralph Fessler.
Their attendants were Gladys Raines Smith, cousin of the bride; Patricia Randol Conley, niece of the groom; Elmer Peetz; and Jerry Heuring, brother of the bride.
They have two children, Janice (David) Winder of Murray, Ky., and the late Kenneth Schlegel. They have three grandchildren, Jessica Schlegel of Farmington, Mo., Meagan and Matthew Winder of Murray.