- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Harbor Freight Tools store coming to Cape (3/29/17)7
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Cape school board rejects proposal to allow parochial-school students to play sports (3/28/17)79
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
Schlegel - 50 Years
KELSO, Mo. -- Mr. and Mrs. William Schlegel of Kelso recently observed their 50th wedding anniversary.
Schlegel and Lavada Heuring were married July 28, 1962, at Trinity Lutheran Church in Cape Girardeau, by the Rev. Ralph Fessler.
Their attendants were Gladys Raines Smith, cousin of the bride; Patricia Randol Conley, niece of the groom; Elmer Peetz; and Jerry Heuring, brother of the bride.
They have two children, Janice (David) Winder of Murray, Ky., and the late Kenneth Schlegel. They have three grandchildren, Jessica Schlegel of Farmington, Mo., Meagan and Matthew Winder of Murray.