- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Broshuis - Melton
ORAN, Mo. -- Alicia Ann Broshuis and Anthony Dennis Melton II were married July 7, 2012, at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church. The Rev. David Hulshof performed the ceremony. Pianists were Emily and Zachary Elfrink of Leopold, Mo., cousins of the bride.
Rick and Beverly Broshuis of Advance, Mo., are parents of the bride. The groom is the son of Susie Melton of Oran and Tony Melton of Sikeston, Mo.
Maid of honor was Angela Broshuis and matron of honor was Amanda Dannenmueller, both of Advance and sisters of the bride. Bridesmaids were Tonya Gage, sister of the groom, and Kari Bickings, both of Oran; and Alicia Broshuis of St. Louis, sister-in-law of the bride.
Travis Bickings of Oran was best man. Groomsmen were Brandon Gage of Oran, brother-in-law of the groom; Dustin Dannenmueller of Advance, brother-in-law of the bride; Donnie Womack of Crystal City, Mo.; and Garrett Broshuis of St. Louis, brother of the bride. Ushers were Austin and Garrett Blocker of Oran, nephews of the groom.
Flower girls were Liza Dannenmueller of Advance and Elena Broshuis of St. Louis, nieces of the bride. Ringbearers were Connor Gage of Oran and Drake Dannenmueller of Advance, nephews of the groom.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at the Elks Lodge in Cape Girardeau.
The rehearsal dinner was held July 6 at Port Cape Girardeau.
Mrs. Melton is a 2005 graduate of Advance High School. She received a bachelor's degree in secondary education and spanish from Southeast Missouri State University in 2009. She is a spanish teacher at Jackson High School.
The groom is a 1997 graduate of Oran High School. He is a corrections officer at Southeastern Correctional Center.
After a wedding trip to Puerto Rico, the couple is residing in Oran.