- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
2000-plus items distributed at clothing drive
More than 400 families turned out for Cape Girardeau Public School's clothing drive at Cape Central Junior High School Fieldhouse, 205 Caruthers. More than 2000 clothing items meeting the District's new dress code were available for distribution, thanks to the generosity of the United Way, local retailers and community members. Pictured at left, Jamie Jones, parent liaison at Jefferson Elementary School, helps sort some of the donated items.
Drive organizer Deena Ring, Special Services Director, said the District is grateful to those who helped make the event possible. The District's new dress code is posted on the District website at www.capetigers.com and goes into effect when school starts August 16.