- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Credit union in Cape Girardeau robbed
A Cape Girardeau credit union was robbed Friday morning.
Police responded to a holdup alarm at Cape Regional Credit Union, 2427 Cape Centre Drive, according to Cape Girardeau Police Department spokesman Darin Hickey.
While in route police received a call from employees confirming the robbery had happened. A man walked into the bank saying he had a gun and demanded money, and fled on foot southbound with an undetermined amount of cash, Hickey said.
Hickey said the suspect was described as a black male between 6-feet-3-inches and 6-feet-5-inches tall, wearing a long-sleeved striped button-down shirt, black jeans, white shoes and a dark baseball cap.
A Missouri State Highway Patrol airplane that was in the area for another purpose joined the search, Hickey said. A K-9 unit was also used to track the suspect, who still hadn't been caught Friday afternoon.