- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Casasola graduates from military training
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Pvt. Kevin Casasola, of Cape Girardeau, recently completed his military training to become a combat engineer for Missouri National Guard's Headquarters Company, 1140th Engineer Battalion in Cape Girardeau.
"I joined to serve and protect my Family and friends," said Casasola, who also joined for the education benefits which will allow him to attend college while serving his country.
He graduated from basic training and advanced individual training at Fort Leonard Wood, Mo., June 2012.
Prior to training, Casasola served with Company E of the Recruit Sustainment program in Cape Girardeau. Through the program, he learned basic Army skills and values and became more familiar with his role as a Soldier in the Missouri Army National Guard.
Staff Sgt. Steven Bell, recruiter at the Cape Girardeau armory, said Casasola is a perfect fit with the Missouri National Guard
"He is a very strong minded and energetic Soldier," said Bell. "He's a very strong individual and will bring a lot to his new unit."
Casasola will begin serving with his new unit in August 2012
Casasola is the son of Eddy Casasola and Julie Barter. He is a 2010 graduate of Cape Central High School and is currently attending Southeast Missouri State University in Cape Girardeau.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please visit www.moguard.com and our social media sites: www.facebook.com/Missouri.National.Guard; www.twitter.com/Missouri_NG; www.youtube.com/MoNationalGuard; www.myspace.com/missouri_ng; www.flickr.com/photos/missouriguard; www.moguard.com/blog; www.pinterest.com/monationalguard/