- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
Casasola graduates from military training
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Pvt. Kevin Casasola, of Cape Girardeau, recently completed his military training to become a combat engineer for Missouri National Guard's Headquarters Company, 1140th Engineer Battalion in Cape Girardeau.
"I joined to serve and protect my Family and friends," said Casasola, who also joined for the education benefits which will allow him to attend college while serving his country.
He graduated from basic training and advanced individual training at Fort Leonard Wood, Mo., June 2012.
Prior to training, Casasola served with Company E of the Recruit Sustainment program in Cape Girardeau. Through the program, he learned basic Army skills and values and became more familiar with his role as a Soldier in the Missouri Army National Guard.
Staff Sgt. Steven Bell, recruiter at the Cape Girardeau armory, said Casasola is a perfect fit with the Missouri National Guard
"He is a very strong minded and energetic Soldier," said Bell. "He's a very strong individual and will bring a lot to his new unit."
Casasola will begin serving with his new unit in August 2012
Casasola is the son of Eddy Casasola and Julie Barter. He is a 2010 graduate of Cape Central High School and is currently attending Southeast Missouri State University in Cape Girardeau.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please visit www.moguard.com and our social media sites: www.facebook.com/Missouri.National.Guard; www.twitter.com/Missouri_NG; www.youtube.com/MoNationalGuard; www.myspace.com/missouri_ng; www.flickr.com/photos/missouriguard; www.moguard.com/blog; www.pinterest.com/monationalguard/