- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Casasola graduates from military training
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Pvt. Kevin Casasola, of Cape Girardeau, recently completed his military training to become a combat engineer for Missouri National Guard's Headquarters Company, 1140th Engineer Battalion in Cape Girardeau.
"I joined to serve and protect my Family and friends," said Casasola, who also joined for the education benefits which will allow him to attend college while serving his country.
He graduated from basic training and advanced individual training at Fort Leonard Wood, Mo., June 2012.
Prior to training, Casasola served with Company E of the Recruit Sustainment program in Cape Girardeau. Through the program, he learned basic Army skills and values and became more familiar with his role as a Soldier in the Missouri Army National Guard.
Staff Sgt. Steven Bell, recruiter at the Cape Girardeau armory, said Casasola is a perfect fit with the Missouri National Guard
"He is a very strong minded and energetic Soldier," said Bell. "He's a very strong individual and will bring a lot to his new unit."
Casasola will begin serving with his new unit in August 2012
Casasola is the son of Eddy Casasola and Julie Barter. He is a 2010 graduate of Cape Central High School and is currently attending Southeast Missouri State University in Cape Girardeau.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please visit www.moguard.com and our social media sites: www.facebook.com/Missouri.National.Guard; www.twitter.com/Missouri_NG; www.youtube.com/MoNationalGuard; www.myspace.com/missouri_ng; www.flickr.com/photos/missouriguard; www.moguard.com/blog; www.pinterest.com/monationalguard/