- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Casasola graduates from military training
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Pvt. Kevin Casasola, of Cape Girardeau, recently completed his military training to become a combat engineer for Missouri National Guard's Headquarters Company, 1140th Engineer Battalion in Cape Girardeau.
"I joined to serve and protect my Family and friends," said Casasola, who also joined for the education benefits which will allow him to attend college while serving his country.
He graduated from basic training and advanced individual training at Fort Leonard Wood, Mo., June 2012.
Prior to training, Casasola served with Company E of the Recruit Sustainment program in Cape Girardeau. Through the program, he learned basic Army skills and values and became more familiar with his role as a Soldier in the Missouri Army National Guard.
Staff Sgt. Steven Bell, recruiter at the Cape Girardeau armory, said Casasola is a perfect fit with the Missouri National Guard
"He is a very strong minded and energetic Soldier," said Bell. "He's a very strong individual and will bring a lot to his new unit."
Casasola will begin serving with his new unit in August 2012
Casasola is the son of Eddy Casasola and Julie Barter. He is a 2010 graduate of Cape Central High School and is currently attending Southeast Missouri State University in Cape Girardeau.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please visit www.moguard.com and our social media sites: www.facebook.com/Missouri.National.Guard; www.twitter.com/Missouri_NG; www.youtube.com/MoNationalGuard; www.myspace.com/missouri_ng; www.flickr.com/photos/missouriguard; www.moguard.com/blog; www.pinterest.com/monationalguard/