- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Casasola graduates from military training
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Pvt. Kevin Casasola, of Cape Girardeau, recently completed his military training to become a combat engineer for Missouri National Guard's Headquarters Company, 1140th Engineer Battalion in Cape Girardeau.
"I joined to serve and protect my Family and friends," said Casasola, who also joined for the education benefits which will allow him to attend college while serving his country.
He graduated from basic training and advanced individual training at Fort Leonard Wood, Mo., June 2012.
Prior to training, Casasola served with Company E of the Recruit Sustainment program in Cape Girardeau. Through the program, he learned basic Army skills and values and became more familiar with his role as a Soldier in the Missouri Army National Guard.
Staff Sgt. Steven Bell, recruiter at the Cape Girardeau armory, said Casasola is a perfect fit with the Missouri National Guard
"He is a very strong minded and energetic Soldier," said Bell. "He's a very strong individual and will bring a lot to his new unit."
Casasola will begin serving with his new unit in August 2012
Casasola is the son of Eddy Casasola and Julie Barter. He is a 2010 graduate of Cape Central High School and is currently attending Southeast Missouri State University in Cape Girardeau.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please visit www.moguard.com and our social media sites: www.facebook.com/Missouri.National.Guard; www.twitter.com/Missouri_NG; www.youtube.com/MoNationalGuard; www.myspace.com/missouri_ng; www.flickr.com/photos/missouriguard; www.moguard.com/blog; www.pinterest.com/monationalguard/