- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PATTON, Mo. -- LaCosta Ranae Welker Matthews, 29, of Patton died Thursday, Aug. 2, 2012, the result of an auto accident near her home.
She was born Aug. 5, 1982, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Rod E. and Patty Burton Welker.
LaCosta was a member of New Life Christian Fellowship Church in Perryville, Mo. She was a title closer at Guardian Land Title Co. in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include a daughter, MaKenna Rynn Matthews; her parents, Rod and Patty Welker; paternal grandparents, Dewey and Loretta Welker, all of Patton; and maternal grandmother, Barbara Burton Crite of Tamms, Ill.
She was preceded in death by her paternal grandfather, Donald Welker, and maternal grandfather, Floyd E. Burton.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Liley Funeral Home in Patton, and from 9:30 a.m. to service time Saturday at Reagan's Chapel United Methodist Church near Patton.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the church, with the Rev. Kirby Grindstaff officiating. Burial will be in Reagan's Chapel Cemetery.
Memorials are suggested to the MaKenna Matthews Trust.
Condolences may be made at lileyfuneralhomes.com.