- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Cape's Islamic Center giving away backpacks to needy students
Backpacks will be given away to students in need during an annual back-to-school event at the Islamic Center of Cape Girardeau on Friday.
A representative of the center said backpacks will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis and that families will be asked to provide information showing need upon arrival.
The center gave out more than 700 backpacks during last year's event. Southeast Missouri State University's Muslim Student Association helps provide resources for the event.
The event will be open from 4 to 6 p.m. Friday at the center, 298 N. West End Blvd. in Cape Girardeau.
298 N. West End Blvd., Cape Girardeau, MO