- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Thankful people: Marble Hill woman been through much and remains thankful (11/24/16)
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)4
- Light Christmas: Thousands gather to view Parade of Lights (11/28/16)5
Speak Out 8/3/12
As a longtime student of U.S. diplomatic history, I can say without reservation that Mitt Romney's recent foreign policy trip was an undeniable, unequivocal, unmitigated, and unparalleled disaster.
I was at the Hoops for Life 5K run and the Hoops for Life Rick Springfield concert, and it was an amazing time. The whole day was put together so well, but the highlight for me of the whole day was when Shannon Aldridge spoke before the concert. The words that came out of his mouth were amazing. This guy really knows what he is talking about.
All those negative political ads certainly help me to decide who not to vote for. It is a big waste of money.
Please, no more parks with Frisbee golf. Trying to walk in beautiful Cape County Park North is like walking in a war zone. Capaha Park is no better. Please leave the parks alone for other uses.
The only people who should get government help are the disabled and the seniors who cannot work. All others would find a way if they had to.
Immediately after the murders in Colorado, it was alleged that this was inspired by talk radio. But it is becoming more and more obvious that it was in fact inspired by the Batman movies themselves. There is much murder in the Batman movies, and there has also been murder in the theater where it has been shown. What we need to do is to change the movies so they are more wholesome.
I thought it was illegal to park on the wrong side of the street, but apparently in Jackson it is OK. I see numerous cars on a daily basis parked on the wrong side of the street. This has been going on for years. Why have the law and not enforce it?