- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)47
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)13
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)12
Speak Out 8/3/12
As a longtime student of U.S. diplomatic history, I can say without reservation that Mitt Romney's recent foreign policy trip was an undeniable, unequivocal, unmitigated, and unparalleled disaster.
I was at the Hoops for Life 5K run and the Hoops for Life Rick Springfield concert, and it was an amazing time. The whole day was put together so well, but the highlight for me of the whole day was when Shannon Aldridge spoke before the concert. The words that came out of his mouth were amazing. This guy really knows what he is talking about.
All those negative political ads certainly help me to decide who not to vote for. It is a big waste of money.
Please, no more parks with Frisbee golf. Trying to walk in beautiful Cape County Park North is like walking in a war zone. Capaha Park is no better. Please leave the parks alone for other uses.
The only people who should get government help are the disabled and the seniors who cannot work. All others would find a way if they had to.
Immediately after the murders in Colorado, it was alleged that this was inspired by talk radio. But it is becoming more and more obvious that it was in fact inspired by the Batman movies themselves. There is much murder in the Batman movies, and there has also been murder in the theater where it has been shown. What we need to do is to change the movies so they are more wholesome.
I thought it was illegal to park on the wrong side of the street, but apparently in Jackson it is OK. I see numerous cars on a daily basis parked on the wrong side of the street. This has been going on for years. Why have the law and not enforce it?