- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)6
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
Local IAAP members attend Annual Meeting
Five members of the Girardot Chapter of International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) attended the Education Forum and Annual Meeting in July, in Grapevine TX. Members in attendance from the Girardot Chapter included: Sherri Jenkins CAP-OM, Donna Wills CAP, Doris Dumey CAP-OM, Marge Phillips CAP-OM and Barb Ostrenga CAP-OM. These members are employed at Southeast Missouri State University and Procter and Gamble. The Girardot Chapter includes members representing several different employers within the Cape Girardeau/Jackson/Perryville and Poplar Bluff area.
Attendees participated in business meetings and seminar presentations with well-known speakers, including Colleen Barrett, former executive with Southwest Airlines, Kerri Strug, Olympic Gold medalist and Ross Shafer, Emmy award-winning TV host. Those attending received valuable information to use in their careers and recertification points for their Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) and Organizational Management (OM) status.
IAAP is an organization for any administrative professional that is seeking professional growth. The International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) is a not-for-profit professional association for office professionals with approximately 28,000 members and affiliates and nearly 600 chapters worldwide. Celebrating its 70th year, IAAP assists office professionals to reach their career goals through education, community building and leadership development. Their certification programs are recognized as the industry standard of proficiency. If you would like to join us as we create a better workplace, one admin at a time, contact Membership chair Sherri Jenkins at 573-651-2112.