- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)1
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)7
Local IAAP members attend Annual Meeting
Five members of the Girardot Chapter of International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) attended the Education Forum and Annual Meeting in July, in Grapevine TX. Members in attendance from the Girardot Chapter included: Sherri Jenkins CAP-OM, Donna Wills CAP, Doris Dumey CAP-OM, Marge Phillips CAP-OM and Barb Ostrenga CAP-OM. These members are employed at Southeast Missouri State University and Procter and Gamble. The Girardot Chapter includes members representing several different employers within the Cape Girardeau/Jackson/Perryville and Poplar Bluff area.
Attendees participated in business meetings and seminar presentations with well-known speakers, including Colleen Barrett, former executive with Southwest Airlines, Kerri Strug, Olympic Gold medalist and Ross Shafer, Emmy award-winning TV host. Those attending received valuable information to use in their careers and recertification points for their Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) and Organizational Management (OM) status.
IAAP is an organization for any administrative professional that is seeking professional growth. The International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) is a not-for-profit professional association for office professionals with approximately 28,000 members and affiliates and nearly 600 chapters worldwide. Celebrating its 70th year, IAAP assists office professionals to reach their career goals through education, community building and leadership development. Their certification programs are recognized as the industry standard of proficiency. If you would like to join us as we create a better workplace, one admin at a time, contact Membership chair Sherri Jenkins at 573-651-2112.