- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)7
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)4
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson roundabout on schedule, on budget (7/19/16)7
Leinert graduates from military training
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Pvt. Stephen Leinert, of Poplar Bluff, recently completed his military training to become a paralegal specialist for Missouri National Guard's Headquarters Company, 205th Military Police Battalion in Poplar Bluff.
"I joined the Missouri National Guard to make a difference for my state and country," said Leinert.
He graduated from basic training at Fort Jackson, S.C., April 2012, and advanced individual training at Fort Lee, Va., July 3, 2012.
Prior to training, Leinert served with Company E of the Recruit Sustainment program in Cape Girardeau. Through the program, he learned basic Army skills and values and became more familiar with his role as a Soldier in the Missouri Army National Guard.
Sgt. 1st Class James Rudd, recruiter at the Poplar Bluff armory, said Leinert will be a valuable asset to the Missouri National Guard and the state.
"He chose to join to make a difference in his community and state, a rare and admirable trait for his age," said Rudd. "He has gone above and beyond the requirements and has volunteered to help with any and every unit event. He's an outstanding Soldier."
Leinert will begin serving with his new unit in August 2012
Leinert is the son of Michael Leinert, of St. Louis, and Melinda Barry, of Eureka, Mo. He is a graduate of Eureka High School and Three Rivers Community College.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please visit www.moguard.com and our social media sites: www.facebook.com/Missouri.National.Guard; www.twitter.com/Missouri_NG; www.youtube.com/MoNationalGuard; www.myspace.com/missouri_ng; www.flickr.com/photos/missouriguard; www.moguard.com/blog; www.pinterest.com/monationalguard/