- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
Leinert graduates from military training
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Pvt. Stephen Leinert, of Poplar Bluff, recently completed his military training to become a paralegal specialist for Missouri National Guard's Headquarters Company, 205th Military Police Battalion in Poplar Bluff.
"I joined the Missouri National Guard to make a difference for my state and country," said Leinert.
He graduated from basic training at Fort Jackson, S.C., April 2012, and advanced individual training at Fort Lee, Va., July 3, 2012.
Prior to training, Leinert served with Company E of the Recruit Sustainment program in Cape Girardeau. Through the program, he learned basic Army skills and values and became more familiar with his role as a Soldier in the Missouri Army National Guard.
Sgt. 1st Class James Rudd, recruiter at the Poplar Bluff armory, said Leinert will be a valuable asset to the Missouri National Guard and the state.
"He chose to join to make a difference in his community and state, a rare and admirable trait for his age," said Rudd. "He has gone above and beyond the requirements and has volunteered to help with any and every unit event. He's an outstanding Soldier."
Leinert will begin serving with his new unit in August 2012
Leinert is the son of Michael Leinert, of St. Louis, and Melinda Barry, of Eureka, Mo. He is a graduate of Eureka High School and Three Rivers Community College.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please visit www.moguard.com and our social media sites: www.facebook.com/Missouri.National.Guard; www.twitter.com/Missouri_NG; www.youtube.com/MoNationalGuard; www.myspace.com/missouri_ng; www.flickr.com/photos/missouriguard; www.moguard.com/blog; www.pinterest.com/monationalguard/