- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
Leinert graduates from military training
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Pvt. Stephen Leinert, of Poplar Bluff, recently completed his military training to become a paralegal specialist for Missouri National Guard's Headquarters Company, 205th Military Police Battalion in Poplar Bluff.
"I joined the Missouri National Guard to make a difference for my state and country," said Leinert.
He graduated from basic training at Fort Jackson, S.C., April 2012, and advanced individual training at Fort Lee, Va., July 3, 2012.
Prior to training, Leinert served with Company E of the Recruit Sustainment program in Cape Girardeau. Through the program, he learned basic Army skills and values and became more familiar with his role as a Soldier in the Missouri Army National Guard.
Sgt. 1st Class James Rudd, recruiter at the Poplar Bluff armory, said Leinert will be a valuable asset to the Missouri National Guard and the state.
"He chose to join to make a difference in his community and state, a rare and admirable trait for his age," said Rudd. "He has gone above and beyond the requirements and has volunteered to help with any and every unit event. He's an outstanding Soldier."
Leinert will begin serving with his new unit in August 2012
Leinert is the son of Michael Leinert, of St. Louis, and Melinda Barry, of Eureka, Mo. He is a graduate of Eureka High School and Three Rivers Community College.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please visit www.moguard.com and our social media sites: www.facebook.com/Missouri.National.Guard; www.twitter.com/Missouri_NG; www.youtube.com/MoNationalGuard; www.myspace.com/missouri_ng; www.flickr.com/photos/missouriguard; www.moguard.com/blog; www.pinterest.com/monationalguard/