- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Cape man charged with stabbing, killing dog for revenge (6/8/18)9
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Gatewood graduates from military training
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Pvt. Catrina Gatewood, of Kennett, recently completed her military training to become a supply specialist for Missouri National Guard's 1137th Military Police Company in Kennett.
Her love for traveling, meeting new people and learning new things is what brought her to the military, said Gatewood.
"I wanted to change my life, start a career, serve my country and help others," said Gatewood.
She graduated from basic training at Fort Sill, Okla., May 2012, and advanced individual training at Fort Lee, Va., July 3, 2012.
Prior to training, Gatewood served with Company E of the Recruit Sustainment program in Cape Girardeau. Through the program, she learned basic Army skills and values and became more familiar with her role as a Soldier in the Missouri Army National Guard.
Sgt. 1st Class Doyle Wicker, recruiter for the Missouri National Guard, said he is very proud to have Gatewood join.
"She's a great Soldier with unlimited potential," said Wicker. "She'll bring a lot to her new unit and be a good asset to the state of Missouri."
Gatewood will begin serving with her new unit in August 2012.
Gatewood is the daughter of Cartrezes and Markquel Scott, Sr. She is a graduate of Kennett High School.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please visit www.moguard.com and our social media sites: www.facebook.com/Missouri.National.Guard; www.twitter.com/Missouri_NG; www.youtube.com/MoNationalGuard; www.myspace.com/missouri_ng; www.flickr.com/photos/missouriguard; www.moguard.com/blog; www.pinterest.com/monationalguard/