- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)4
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)3
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Gatewood graduates from military training
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Pvt. Catrina Gatewood, of Kennett, recently completed her military training to become a supply specialist for Missouri National Guard's 1137th Military Police Company in Kennett.
Her love for traveling, meeting new people and learning new things is what brought her to the military, said Gatewood.
"I wanted to change my life, start a career, serve my country and help others," said Gatewood.
She graduated from basic training at Fort Sill, Okla., May 2012, and advanced individual training at Fort Lee, Va., July 3, 2012.
Prior to training, Gatewood served with Company E of the Recruit Sustainment program in Cape Girardeau. Through the program, she learned basic Army skills and values and became more familiar with her role as a Soldier in the Missouri Army National Guard.
Sgt. 1st Class Doyle Wicker, recruiter for the Missouri National Guard, said he is very proud to have Gatewood join.
"She's a great Soldier with unlimited potential," said Wicker. "She'll bring a lot to her new unit and be a good asset to the state of Missouri."
Gatewood will begin serving with her new unit in August 2012.
Gatewood is the daughter of Cartrezes and Markquel Scott, Sr. She is a graduate of Kennett High School.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please visit www.moguard.com and our social media sites: www.facebook.com/Missouri.National.Guard; www.twitter.com/Missouri_NG; www.youtube.com/MoNationalGuard; www.myspace.com/missouri_ng; www.flickr.com/photos/missouriguard; www.moguard.com/blog; www.pinterest.com/monationalguard/