- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Cape homicide victim identified (7/21/17)
- Painted-rock hunts catch fire in Cape area (7/20/17)
Meyer earns honor graduate from military training
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Pvt. Chase Meyer, of Farmington, recently completed his military training to become a machinist for Missouri National Guard's 1140th Forward Support Company in Cape Girardeau.
"I always wanted to join the military because my dad, grandpa and great grandpa served and they were positive influences in my life," said Meyer. "I loved hearing their stories and when I'm done I hope I can share my stories with others too."
He attended basic training at Fort Jackson, S.C., and was an honor graduate from advance individual training at Fort Lee, N.J., recently.
He was grateful to receive the recognition but it's all about being a good Soldier, said Meyer.
"I just did what I was supposed to do," said Meyer.
Meyer served with Company E of the Recruit Sustainment program in Cape Girardeau. Through the program, he learned basic Army skills and values and became more familiar with his role as a Soldier in the Missouri Army National Guard.
Staff Sgt. Karla Threlkeld, recruiter at the Farmington armory, said Meyer will be a great asset to his new unit.
"He has a lot of heart and put 110 percent into everything he does," said Threlkeld. "I'm very proud of him."
Meyer will begin serving with his new unit in August 2012.
Meyer is the son of Dale and Jacquie Meyer, of Farmington. He is a graduate of Farmington High School.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please visit www.moguard.com and our social media sites: www.facebook.com/Missouri.National.Guard; www.twitter.com/Missouri_NG; www.youtube.com/MoNationalGuard; www.myspace.com/missouri_ng; www.flickr.com/photos/missouriguard; www.moguard.com/blog; www.pinterest.com/monationalguard/