- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)12
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)14
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)14
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
Henderson graduates from military training
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Pvt. Tyler Henderson, of Scott City, recently completed his military training to become a motor transport driver for Missouri National Guard's Detachment 1, 1221st Transportation Unit in Portageville.
"I wanted to be able to support my wife and our life together," said Henderson. "Growing up I looked up to my grandfather who was a marine and served in Vietnam, he was always my inspiration."
He graduated from basic training and advanced individual training at Fort Jackson, S.C., July 13, 2012.
Prior to training, Henderson served with Company E of the Recruit Sustainment program in Cape Girardeau. Through the program, he learned basic Army skills and values and became more familiar with his role as a Soldier in the Missouri Army National Guard.
Staff Sgt. Steven Bell, recruiter at the Cape Girardeau armory, said Henderson will be a great asset to the Missouri National Guard.
"From the first time he came into my office I saw a look of determination and the want to become something bigger and greater than himself," said Bell. "He'll push himself and those around him to do and be better."
Henderson will begin serving with his new unit in August 2012
Henderson is the son of Tracy Derossett, of Anna, Ill.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please visit www.moguard.com and our social media sites: www.facebook.com/Missouri.National.Guard; www.twitter.com/Missouri_NG; www.youtube.com/MoNationalGuard; www.myspace.com/missouri_ng; www.flickr.com/photos/missouriguard; www.moguard.com/blog; www.pinterest.com/monationalguard/