- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Near miss: Woman 'lucky' following train incident (8/16/17)
Henderson graduates from military training
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Pvt. Tyler Henderson, of Scott City, recently completed his military training to become a motor transport driver for Missouri National Guard's Detachment 1, 1221st Transportation Unit in Portageville.
"I wanted to be able to support my wife and our life together," said Henderson. "Growing up I looked up to my grandfather who was a marine and served in Vietnam, he was always my inspiration."
He graduated from basic training and advanced individual training at Fort Jackson, S.C., July 13, 2012.
Prior to training, Henderson served with Company E of the Recruit Sustainment program in Cape Girardeau. Through the program, he learned basic Army skills and values and became more familiar with his role as a Soldier in the Missouri Army National Guard.
Staff Sgt. Steven Bell, recruiter at the Cape Girardeau armory, said Henderson will be a great asset to the Missouri National Guard.
"From the first time he came into my office I saw a look of determination and the want to become something bigger and greater than himself," said Bell. "He'll push himself and those around him to do and be better."
Henderson will begin serving with his new unit in August 2012
Henderson is the son of Tracy Derossett, of Anna, Ill.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please visit www.moguard.com and our social media sites: www.facebook.com/Missouri.National.Guard; www.twitter.com/Missouri_NG; www.youtube.com/MoNationalGuard; www.myspace.com/missouri_ng; www.flickr.com/photos/missouriguard; www.moguard.com/blog; www.pinterest.com/monationalguard/