- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)27
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
Henderson graduates from military training
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Pvt. Tyler Henderson, of Scott City, recently completed his military training to become a motor transport driver for Missouri National Guard's Detachment 1, 1221st Transportation Unit in Portageville.
"I wanted to be able to support my wife and our life together," said Henderson. "Growing up I looked up to my grandfather who was a marine and served in Vietnam, he was always my inspiration."
He graduated from basic training and advanced individual training at Fort Jackson, S.C., July 13, 2012.
Prior to training, Henderson served with Company E of the Recruit Sustainment program in Cape Girardeau. Through the program, he learned basic Army skills and values and became more familiar with his role as a Soldier in the Missouri Army National Guard.
Staff Sgt. Steven Bell, recruiter at the Cape Girardeau armory, said Henderson will be a great asset to the Missouri National Guard.
"From the first time he came into my office I saw a look of determination and the want to become something bigger and greater than himself," said Bell. "He'll push himself and those around him to do and be better."
Henderson will begin serving with his new unit in August 2012
Henderson is the son of Tracy Derossett, of Anna, Ill.
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please visit www.moguard.com and our social media sites: www.facebook.com/Missouri.National.Guard; www.twitter.com/Missouri_NG; www.youtube.com/MoNationalGuard; www.myspace.com/missouri_ng; www.flickr.com/photos/missouriguard; www.moguard.com/blog; www.pinterest.com/monationalguard/