- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Patton woman dies in Bollinger County accident
A Patton, Mo., woman was killed Thursday morning after losing control of her vehicle in Bollinger County, the Missouri State Highway Patrol reported.
Lacosta Matthews, 29, was driving a 1998 Pontiac Firebird eastbound on Route NN near Highway 51 at 2:22 a.m. Thursday when she lost control of her vehicle and traveled off the road, hit a rock pile and overturned, the patrol reported.
Matthews was pronounced dead at the scene at 3:45 a.m. by Bollinger County coroner Charles Hutchings. She was wearing a seat belt, the patrol reported.
Route NN and Missouri Highway 51, Patton, MO