- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Seeking new history: Centurion Development buys former Woolworth building at 1 N. Main St. (7/28/16)5
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Police: Child's video revealed stepfather's abuse of sibling (7/28/16)3
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Andrews is professional, honest and committed to Cape County
Vote for Ron Andrews, assessor, on Tuesday!
I have known Ron since the late 1970s when my mother, Winnie, worked as a voter registration clerk in the county clerk's office. Ron implemented the first computerized voter registration system for the county, trained then-County Clerk Rodney Miller and his staff on how to perform data entry/reporting, and provided ongoing support as needed.
Ron was one of mom's favorite colleagues -- intelligent, personable, patient with integrity beyond reproach. These are consistent traits of Ron's over his 25 years of service to Cape Girardeau County government.
Ron currently serves the assessor's office as GIS (geographic information system) coordinator and Tyler Technologies' iasWorld Appraisal and Assessment Administration manager. He also provides on-demand support to the county collector's office with Tyler Technologies' Tax Collections system. Anyone at the county administration building will tell you that Ron knows his stuff.
In addition to his years of public service, Ron also has longtime community service -- first to his church as audio/visual coordinator and to the youths of our area serving as an umpire/mentor with the Jackson baseball league, helping young men develop lifelong skills through the game of baseball.
Professional, honest and committed to Cape County for over a quarter of a century -- my mother feels there can be no finer candidate for assessor than Ron Andrews. I heartily agree!
MIKE DUMEY, 846 Karau Lane, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701