- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Andrews is professional, honest and committed to Cape County
Vote for Ron Andrews, assessor, on Tuesday!
I have known Ron since the late 1970s when my mother, Winnie, worked as a voter registration clerk in the county clerk's office. Ron implemented the first computerized voter registration system for the county, trained then-County Clerk Rodney Miller and his staff on how to perform data entry/reporting, and provided ongoing support as needed.
Ron was one of mom's favorite colleagues -- intelligent, personable, patient with integrity beyond reproach. These are consistent traits of Ron's over his 25 years of service to Cape Girardeau County government.
Ron currently serves the assessor's office as GIS (geographic information system) coordinator and Tyler Technologies' iasWorld Appraisal and Assessment Administration manager. He also provides on-demand support to the county collector's office with Tyler Technologies' Tax Collections system. Anyone at the county administration building will tell you that Ron knows his stuff.
In addition to his years of public service, Ron also has longtime community service -- first to his church as audio/visual coordinator and to the youths of our area serving as an umpire/mentor with the Jackson baseball league, helping young men develop lifelong skills through the game of baseball.
Professional, honest and committed to Cape County for over a quarter of a century -- my mother feels there can be no finer candidate for assessor than Ron Andrews. I heartily agree!
MIKE DUMEY, 846 Karau Lane, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701