- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Former alt-rock frontwoman tells how she found Christianity (8/29/16)2
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Local priest met Mother Teresa, will attend canonization (8/31/16)
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Wal-Mart theft probe yields drug charges against woman (8/31/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Liz Glastetter (8/15/16)
- Scott City School District introduces new preschool program (8/26/16)1
- Cape police: Illinois union president hit woman in head with rock (8/28/16)3
Andrews is professional, honest and committed to Cape County
Vote for Ron Andrews, assessor, on Tuesday!
I have known Ron since the late 1970s when my mother, Winnie, worked as a voter registration clerk in the county clerk's office. Ron implemented the first computerized voter registration system for the county, trained then-County Clerk Rodney Miller and his staff on how to perform data entry/reporting, and provided ongoing support as needed.
Ron was one of mom's favorite colleagues -- intelligent, personable, patient with integrity beyond reproach. These are consistent traits of Ron's over his 25 years of service to Cape Girardeau County government.
Ron currently serves the assessor's office as GIS (geographic information system) coordinator and Tyler Technologies' iasWorld Appraisal and Assessment Administration manager. He also provides on-demand support to the county collector's office with Tyler Technologies' Tax Collections system. Anyone at the county administration building will tell you that Ron knows his stuff.
In addition to his years of public service, Ron also has longtime community service -- first to his church as audio/visual coordinator and to the youths of our area serving as an umpire/mentor with the Jackson baseball league, helping young men develop lifelong skills through the game of baseball.
Professional, honest and committed to Cape County for over a quarter of a century -- my mother feels there can be no finer candidate for assessor than Ron Andrews. I heartily agree!
MIKE DUMEY, 846 Karau Lane, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701