- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
Andrews is professional, honest and committed to Cape County
Vote for Ron Andrews, assessor, on Tuesday!
I have known Ron since the late 1970s when my mother, Winnie, worked as a voter registration clerk in the county clerk's office. Ron implemented the first computerized voter registration system for the county, trained then-County Clerk Rodney Miller and his staff on how to perform data entry/reporting, and provided ongoing support as needed.
Ron was one of mom's favorite colleagues -- intelligent, personable, patient with integrity beyond reproach. These are consistent traits of Ron's over his 25 years of service to Cape Girardeau County government.
Ron currently serves the assessor's office as GIS (geographic information system) coordinator and Tyler Technologies' iasWorld Appraisal and Assessment Administration manager. He also provides on-demand support to the county collector's office with Tyler Technologies' Tax Collections system. Anyone at the county administration building will tell you that Ron knows his stuff.
In addition to his years of public service, Ron also has longtime community service -- first to his church as audio/visual coordinator and to the youths of our area serving as an umpire/mentor with the Jackson baseball league, helping young men develop lifelong skills through the game of baseball.
Professional, honest and committed to Cape County for over a quarter of a century -- my mother feels there can be no finer candidate for assessor than Ron Andrews. I heartily agree!
MIKE DUMEY, 846 Karau Lane, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701