- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
Andrews is professional, honest and committed to Cape County
Vote for Ron Andrews, assessor, on Tuesday!
I have known Ron since the late 1970s when my mother, Winnie, worked as a voter registration clerk in the county clerk's office. Ron implemented the first computerized voter registration system for the county, trained then-County Clerk Rodney Miller and his staff on how to perform data entry/reporting, and provided ongoing support as needed.
Ron was one of mom's favorite colleagues -- intelligent, personable, patient with integrity beyond reproach. These are consistent traits of Ron's over his 25 years of service to Cape Girardeau County government.
Ron currently serves the assessor's office as GIS (geographic information system) coordinator and Tyler Technologies' iasWorld Appraisal and Assessment Administration manager. He also provides on-demand support to the county collector's office with Tyler Technologies' Tax Collections system. Anyone at the county administration building will tell you that Ron knows his stuff.
In addition to his years of public service, Ron also has longtime community service -- first to his church as audio/visual coordinator and to the youths of our area serving as an umpire/mentor with the Jackson baseball league, helping young men develop lifelong skills through the game of baseball.
Professional, honest and committed to Cape County for over a quarter of a century -- my mother feels there can be no finer candidate for assessor than Ron Andrews. I heartily agree!
MIKE DUMEY, 846 Karau Lane, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701