- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- MCA calls for protection of those found not guilty of animal abuse (1/10/18)2
- Scaling up: Long John Silver's adding an A&W (1/10/18)3
- Southeast to cut workforce to meet budget needs caused by state cuts (1/10/18)7
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)2
- Business Notebook: New rooftop restaurant to be atop Marquette Tower (1/8/18)2
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- Plaintiffs' attorney wants jury to see basement steps at Cape courthouse (1/10/18)
Best lt. gov. candidate on the issues
There are many fine candidates in the Democratic primary election for lieutenant governor, but in my opinion Democrats should vote for the candidate who has the best chance to win the general election. I think that will be the candidate who is best on issues most likely to appeal to moderates and independents, and I think that is me: The care of our seniors and veterans, freezing property taxes for seniors and others on fixed incomes, ending animal abuse on factory farms, protecting family farms, ending public funds for companies like Walmart which don't need it, a constitutional amendment to ban corporate political contributions, college loans for all, improving early childhood education and primary and secondary education generally. Go to our websites and judge for yourself. I promise to always put people ahead of politics. To learn more or to support me, please go to www.votebillhaas.com.
BILL (WILLIAM) HAAS, 4579 Laclede Ave., No. 141, St. Louis, MO 63108
Paid for by Bill Haas For Lieutenant Governor. Francene Lemonds Treasurer.