- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Best lt. gov. candidate on the issues
There are many fine candidates in the Democratic primary election for lieutenant governor, but in my opinion Democrats should vote for the candidate who has the best chance to win the general election. I think that will be the candidate who is best on issues most likely to appeal to moderates and independents, and I think that is me: The care of our seniors and veterans, freezing property taxes for seniors and others on fixed incomes, ending animal abuse on factory farms, protecting family farms, ending public funds for companies like Walmart which don't need it, a constitutional amendment to ban corporate political contributions, college loans for all, improving early childhood education and primary and secondary education generally. Go to our websites and judge for yourself. I promise to always put people ahead of politics. To learn more or to support me, please go to www.votebillhaas.com.
BILL (WILLIAM) HAAS, 4579 Laclede Ave., No. 141, St. Louis, MO 63108
Paid for by Bill Haas For Lieutenant Governor. Francene Lemonds Treasurer.