- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)3
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)23
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
Speak Out 8/2/12
When Barack Obama went off the teleprompter recently and stuck his foot in his mouth about business people and the fact that "they didn't build that," he completely missed the point he was making. Certainly we all benefit from the teachers, roads and bridges and other infrastructure items that help all of us. However, it is the smart and industrious who benefit the most, who take what's there and add to it to create value. The entrepreneurs share those roads and bridges with the lazy, the stupid, the selfish, the dishonest and, yes, even with the liberal progressives who don't understand anything. It is still the individual intelligence, the individual extra effort, the individual creativity that produce the most successful business people.
Hey, athletes. You didn't win that! You didn't build the airplane that took you to London or the swimming pool or the stadium. Someone else must have done all the hard work to get you there. Welcome to Obama Olympics.
Aug. 7 is the primary. Please, please get out and vote and clean up this mess.