- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)4
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)3
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Speak Out 8/2/12
When Barack Obama went off the teleprompter recently and stuck his foot in his mouth about business people and the fact that "they didn't build that," he completely missed the point he was making. Certainly we all benefit from the teachers, roads and bridges and other infrastructure items that help all of us. However, it is the smart and industrious who benefit the most, who take what's there and add to it to create value. The entrepreneurs share those roads and bridges with the lazy, the stupid, the selfish, the dishonest and, yes, even with the liberal progressives who don't understand anything. It is still the individual intelligence, the individual extra effort, the individual creativity that produce the most successful business people.
Hey, athletes. You didn't win that! You didn't build the airplane that took you to London or the swimming pool or the stadium. Someone else must have done all the hard work to get you there. Welcome to Obama Olympics.
Aug. 7 is the primary. Please, please get out and vote and clean up this mess.