- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Scott County hit by rash of thefts from unlocked cars
BENTON, Mo. -- The Scott County Sheriff's Department is reminding people to keep their vehicles locked after responding to a number of thefts from unlocked motor vehicles since mid-June.
A news release from the sheriff's office indicates that a majority of the thefts have been in and around Oran, Mo., and Vanduser, Mo., with one of the primary items taken being GPS devices. The office asks that everyone keep their vehicles locked and report any suspicious activity immediately.
Those with information that could help lead to an arrest in these cases are asked to contact the Scott County Sheriff's Department at 573-545-3525 or 573-471-3530.