- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Mary Catherine Thomas, 88, of Chaffee passed away Tuesday, July 31, 2012, at her home.
She was born Jan. 22, 1924, in Oran, Mo., to Adam Henry and Bertha Theresa Vogel Kiefer. She married Earl James Thomas on Nov. 14, 1942. He preceded her in death April 21, 1961.
Mary retired as a nurse aide from the former Chaffee General Hospital. She was a member of St. Ambrose Catholic Church in Chaffee and Daughters of St. Ambrose.
Survivors include three sons, Jim (Betty) Thomas of Jackson, Steve (Trish) Thomas of Chaffee, Robert Thomas of St. Charles, Mo.; a daughter, Diana (Doyle) Tankersley of Jefferson City, Mo.; four grandchildren; two step-grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and four great-stepgrandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, Ed Thomas; a grandson, Stevie Thomas; a great-grandson, Dylan Tankersley; and four brothers, John, Leon, William and Paul Kiefer.
Friends may call from 8 a.m. until service time Friday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. Randy Tochtrop as celebrant. Burial will be in St. Ambrose Cemetery.