- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Craig Allen Mayfield, 17, of Jackson passed away Saturday, July 28, 2012.
He was born Sept. 12, 1994, in Cape Girardeau, son of Gregory and Mary Ann Hobbs Mayfield.
Craig was a student at Jackson High School. He enjoyed running and had been a member of the cross country team. He loved his family and friends.
Loving survivors include his parents, Greg and Mary Ann of Jackson; a sister, Kayla Mayfield of Jackson and her fiance, Raymond Mattingly of Perryville, Mo.; maternal grandparents, Bernard and Wilma Hobbs of Fancy Farm, Ky.; paternal grandparents, Clarence Mayfield of Jackson and Ellen Mayfield of Marble Hill, Mo.; many aunts, uncles, cousins and friends.
Friends may call from 3 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the chapel of McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson. Parish prayers will be at 7 p.m.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Cape Girardeau, with the Rev. Dave Hulshof officiating. Interment will be in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.
The family suggests that memorials be made to St. Vincent's Church Building Fund.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.