- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)5
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)3
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
St. Mary Cathedral/Old St. Vincent Food Pantry
Watermelons were obtained by the volunteers at the St. Mary Cathedral/Old St. Vincent Food Pantry this past Monday morning to provide fresh fruit to area needy families. Volunteers unloaded over 3 plats of watermelons picked up from the Southeast Missouri Food Bank.
Space is cramped at the Food Pantry located at the corner of Sprigg and William, just across from St. Mary Cathedral. The Pantry's freezers and refrigerators are packed in to hold frozen meat, the shelves crammed into one room for canned goods and a makeshift "cool" room with sheets and a one room air conditioner keep fresh produce good until it is given away.
Volunteers spend countless hours collecting food, as well as tending the Food Pantry's Garden behind the building which helps provide fresh vegetables to those in need.
Canned goods, frozen meat, cereal, and other items are provided by the parishioners of St. Mary Cathedral, Old St. Vincent, Southeast Food Bank, and several local businesses such as Hinkebein Farms.