- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
St. Mary Cathedral/Old St. Vincent Food Pantry
Watermelons were obtained by the volunteers at the St. Mary Cathedral/Old St. Vincent Food Pantry this past Monday morning to provide fresh fruit to area needy families. Volunteers unloaded over 3 plats of watermelons picked up from the Southeast Missouri Food Bank.
Space is cramped at the Food Pantry located at the corner of Sprigg and William, just across from St. Mary Cathedral. The Pantry's freezers and refrigerators are packed in to hold frozen meat, the shelves crammed into one room for canned goods and a makeshift "cool" room with sheets and a one room air conditioner keep fresh produce good until it is given away.
Volunteers spend countless hours collecting food, as well as tending the Food Pantry's Garden behind the building which helps provide fresh vegetables to those in need.
Canned goods, frozen meat, cereal, and other items are provided by the parishioners of St. Mary Cathedral, Old St. Vincent, Southeast Food Bank, and several local businesses such as Hinkebein Farms.