- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
- Jackson elementary students try to help others with 'kindness boxes' (11/6/17)1
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Chantelle Becking strives to make a difference through her family and community (11/10/17)
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- Cape County boy writes letter, hears from President Donald Trump (11/10/17)
- Medical marijuana may go to voters for decision (11/8/17)4
- Fourth-grade teacher Andrea Cox teaches students how to code, adapt to new technology (11/10/17)
The face of volunteering
Today's "Face of Volunteering" is that of Karen Strong. Karen has been a dedicated volunteer at Beacon Health Center for over 2 years. Karen can be found most Monday and Friday mornings covering the front desk, helping to answer the phones, check in patients, and do whatever is needed to keep things moving. Karen volunteers at both the Cape and Benton offices and every year she and her husband Steve volunteer at Beacon's golf tournament.
"Karen brings her beautiful smile and endless skills to Beacon to help those we serve", says Uzma Aziz, volunteer coordinator. Uzma further notes that by Karen helping out with the day to day activities of running the clinic it frees up the staff to provide more direct care to the patients.
If you would like to volunteer at Beacon Health Center, call Uzma at 573/332-1900 to learn more about this opportunity.
Volunteers are needed to help out in many capacities and can work at the Benton, Cape or Perryville offices.