- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
- Cape homicide victim identified (7/21/17)
The face of volunteering
Today's "Face of Volunteering" is that of Karen Strong. Karen has been a dedicated volunteer at Beacon Health Center for over 2 years. Karen can be found most Monday and Friday mornings covering the front desk, helping to answer the phones, check in patients, and do whatever is needed to keep things moving. Karen volunteers at both the Cape and Benton offices and every year she and her husband Steve volunteer at Beacon's golf tournament.
"Karen brings her beautiful smile and endless skills to Beacon to help those we serve", says Uzma Aziz, volunteer coordinator. Uzma further notes that by Karen helping out with the day to day activities of running the clinic it frees up the staff to provide more direct care to the patients.
If you would like to volunteer at Beacon Health Center, call Uzma at 573/332-1900 to learn more about this opportunity.
Volunteers are needed to help out in many capacities and can work at the Benton, Cape or Perryville offices.