- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Former football players provide leadership training at middle school (9/24/17)
- New businesses popping up all over Cape Girardeau (9/24/17)1
- Cape Girardeau native Jessica Johnston to compete as castaway on 'Survivor' season 35 (9/24/17)
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Scott City officials, others oppose plan for railroad-tie treatment plant (9/25/17)5
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
The face of volunteering
Today's "Face of Volunteering" is that of Karen Strong. Karen has been a dedicated volunteer at Beacon Health Center for over 2 years. Karen can be found most Monday and Friday mornings covering the front desk, helping to answer the phones, check in patients, and do whatever is needed to keep things moving. Karen volunteers at both the Cape and Benton offices and every year she and her husband Steve volunteer at Beacon's golf tournament.
"Karen brings her beautiful smile and endless skills to Beacon to help those we serve", says Uzma Aziz, volunteer coordinator. Uzma further notes that by Karen helping out with the day to day activities of running the clinic it frees up the staff to provide more direct care to the patients.
If you would like to volunteer at Beacon Health Center, call Uzma at 573/332-1900 to learn more about this opportunity.
Volunteers are needed to help out in many capacities and can work at the Benton, Cape or Perryville offices.