- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
The face of volunteering
Today's "Face of Volunteering" is that of Karen Strong. Karen has been a dedicated volunteer at Beacon Health Center for over 2 years. Karen can be found most Monday and Friday mornings covering the front desk, helping to answer the phones, check in patients, and do whatever is needed to keep things moving. Karen volunteers at both the Cape and Benton offices and every year she and her husband Steve volunteer at Beacon's golf tournament.
"Karen brings her beautiful smile and endless skills to Beacon to help those we serve", says Uzma Aziz, volunteer coordinator. Uzma further notes that by Karen helping out with the day to day activities of running the clinic it frees up the staff to provide more direct care to the patients.
If you would like to volunteer at Beacon Health Center, call Uzma at 573/332-1900 to learn more about this opportunity.
Volunteers are needed to help out in many capacities and can work at the Benton, Cape or Perryville offices.