- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)2
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
The face of volunteering
Today's "Face of Volunteering" is that of Karen Strong. Karen has been a dedicated volunteer at Beacon Health Center for over 2 years. Karen can be found most Monday and Friday mornings covering the front desk, helping to answer the phones, check in patients, and do whatever is needed to keep things moving. Karen volunteers at both the Cape and Benton offices and every year she and her husband Steve volunteer at Beacon's golf tournament.
"Karen brings her beautiful smile and endless skills to Beacon to help those we serve", says Uzma Aziz, volunteer coordinator. Uzma further notes that by Karen helping out with the day to day activities of running the clinic it frees up the staff to provide more direct care to the patients.
If you would like to volunteer at Beacon Health Center, call Uzma at 573/332-1900 to learn more about this opportunity.
Volunteers are needed to help out in many capacities and can work at the Benton, Cape or Perryville offices.