- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Jackson man accused of fleeing Cape police, crashing while drunk
A Jackson man was issued several summonses, including one for driving while intoxicated, early Saturday morning after Cape Girardeau police reportedly saw him speed out of Capaha Park.
About 2:15 a.m., officers observed Justin T. McCollum, 24, rapidly pull out from the park in a Ford pickup, said officer Darin Hickey. After several turns through city streets, officers saw the pickup driving off the road through a nearby cemetery, Hickey said.
The pickup turned up some turf and apparently struck a tree at some point, Hickey said.
Police issued summonses to McCollum for DWI, careless and imprudent driving, failure to stop at a stop sign and a park curfew violation. Police released him later that morning.
Capaha Park, Cape Girardeau, MO