- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Heroin suspected in death of eastern Mo. teen
IRONTON, Mo. (AP) -- A heroin overdose is suspected in the death of an eastern Missouri teenager.
Ironton police say 18-year-old Vana Barton was found unresponsive on the floor of a motel room on July 20 and died two days later. An autopsy was performed but results of toxicology tests aren't expected for about a month.
Ironton Police chief Harold Yarbrough says evidence found at the scene points to a possible heroin overdose, but an investigation continues.
Iron County Coroner Tony Cole says several people were in the room with Barton, and criminal charges are possible.