- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)21
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
Paid election letter: Jay Purcell works for you
Cape Girardeau County voters:I am Dick Kent Withers of the Cape Girardeau County Park Board, and I want to tell you why I am voting to re-elect our County Commissioner Jay Purcell.
As our county commissioner, Jay Purcell has assumed the duties of the retiring park superintendent for no additional salary, which saves the citizens over $50,000 a year.
With Jay's leadership, we have rebuilt and remodeled park shelters; we started Melaina's Playground; and we installed a world class disc golf course, all while Jay Purcell is saving us $50,000 a year by working both as county commissioner and park superintendent.
In my opinion the choice is simple!
We can vote for one of Jay Purcell's opponents, who both have publicly stated that if elected they will not work both jobs as Jay Purcell has done.
Or, we can re-elect a hard working County Commissioner Jay Purcell who will continue to do both jobs, continue to improve the county parks, and continue to save us over $50,000 a year.
DICK KENT WITHERS, Cape Girardeau County Park Board, 221 N. Sunset Blvd., Cape Girardeau, MO 63701